This is a holistic, 12-month leadership training and coaching program for leadership teams and/or individual leaders.
The program consists of three basic elements:
1. Achieving buy-in to improve learning and retention.
2. Helping leaders make an immediate, positive impact on the P&L with cutting-edge, assessment-based business acumen training and coaching.
3. Helping leaders create a culture that drives long-term growth and profitability with mindfulness-based emotional intelligence training and coaching.
Step 1 – Achieving Buy-In
Participants write out a brief statement of who and where they want to be in 7-10 years.
This is to ensure that learning objectives can be tied to what is important to the participant. Research suggests that this can dramatically improve learning, retention, and implementation.
Step 2 – Assessment-based Business Acumen Training
- Participants complete business acumen assessments developed by the prestigious Perth Leadership Institute.
These assessments measure the unconscious cognitive biases that often result in leaders making decisions that have significant, negative impacts on gross margins and expenses.
- Business Acumen Training
The assessments, combined with a one or two-day training program, help leaders become aware of the unconscious cognitive biases that are linked directly to effects on gross margins and expenses and help leaders to have a more positive impact on the P&L.
The program includes mindfulness training, which helps leaders to increase self-awareness and mental agility, which are essential for making decisions that are not unduly influenced by the cognitive biases identified in the assessments.
Participants have either two, one-hour calls per month, or one, 90-minute call per month for coaching on the business acumen and mindfulness training they received.
Step 3 – Mindfulness-based Emotional Intelligence Training (90 days into program)
- Participants complete the Emotional and Social Competency Inventory (ESCI) assessment created by Daniel Goleman.
These 360-degree assessments help a leader understand both leadership strengths and weaknesses in areas demonstrated through research to have a significant influence on the long-term business outcomes of an organization. These areas are self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management.
- Mindfulness-based Emotional Intelligence Training
After completing the ESCI assessment, participants attend a one to two-day training on mindfulness-based emotional intelligence. The training helps leaders understand the importance of emotional and social competencies, leverage leadership strengths, and gradually close leadership gaps identified by the assessments.
Participants have either two, one-hour calls per month, or one, 90-minute call per month for coaching on the business acumen and mindfulness-based emotional intelligence training they have received.
The focus of the last nine months of the program is developing self-awareness because that is the foundation of both business acumen and emotional intelligence.